Grant of Licence
- On receipt of application along with requisite application fee, application will be recorded.
- BIS will scrutinize the application and queries ,if any, will be communicated by email.
- Once queries are satisfactorily met and application is complete, it will be recorded.
- Visit will be paid to the factory location to carryout verification of manufacturing & testing infrastructure and drawal of samples for independent testing.
- Responsibility for safe deposition of sample(s) and remittance of testing charges shall lie with the applicant firm.
- Case would be processed for grant of licence after receipt of satisfactory inspection report & independent test report(s) conforming to applicable Indian Standard(s).
- Applicant would be required to pay licence fee; advance minimum marking fee and any other outstanding dues, before grant of licence (for details on Fee Structure, Click here).
- Agreement, Indemnity Bond would be signed and Performance Bank Guarantee of USD 10000 from any bank, having RBI approved branch in India would be required to be furnished immediately after grant of licence.
- For conditions of licence, click here
- Licence would be initially granted for not less than one year and up to two years which would be further renewable up to five years for details on renewal,click here).
- Licensee shall disclose production & dispatch details of standard marked goods to BIS, on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Licensee can request for inclusion of new varieties in the existing licence (for details on inclusion, Click here).
Note: 1.Average time taken for grant of licence is generally six months from the date of recording after receipt of complete application. It may vary for reasons like delay in response to queries raised, if any; organizing inspection(s); deposition of samples with lab and remittance of dues, etc.
Last Updated on January 14, 2021