Nomination of AIR
- The Authorized Indian Representative (AIR) shall be an Indian resident. He shall declare his consent to be responsible for compliance to the provisions of the BIS Act, Rules, Regulations and Terms & Conditions laid down in BIS Licence, Agreement, Undertaking etc. executed by or on behalf of the foreign manufacturer in connection with grant and operation of the licence.
- AIR is representative of one manufacturing firm only and doesn’t represent other foreign manufacturer(s) as AIR under the BIS Conformity Assessment schemes. However, in case of foreign manufacturers belonging to one group of companies and importers (related to the foreign manufacturer) nominated as AIR, the restriction shall not be applicable.
- The Incharge of the branch /office in India of the foreign manufacturer or a senior person of the branch/office shall be nominated as the AIR. In case, there is no such branch / office established in India or till it is established in India , the foreign manufacturer shall nominate an AIR in the prescribed format on its letter-head.
- In case of change of the AIR and/or his address, the manufacturer shall be required to inform BIS in advance.
- AIR(s) shall not have any conflict of interest with respect to their role as AIR with testing of sample(s) in third party laboratories.
- AIR(s) shall be preferably at least graduate by qualification and shall understand the provisions of BIS Act, 2016 and rules, regulations framed thereunder and the implications thereof.
Last Updated on December 28, 2020